Healthy ground turkey recipes for every taste including awesome stir-fries, slow cooker recipes, burgers, soups, tacos, and more.
These ground turkey recipes you will love that are full of flavor, easy to prepare, and delicious. This affordable and lean protein is one of the best tools to have in the fridge for quick and easy meals.
Ground turkey has always been one of my favorite lean proteins since it is easy to prepare, low in calories, high in protein, and usually pretty affordable. I use it for just about everything - stir-fries, pasta, lettuce wraps, soups, tacos, and of course burgers. I love a really good turkey burger, especially #16, the Jalapeno Cheddar Burger. So next time you are looking for a quick and easy meal, consider making one of these healthy ground turkey recipes.
When making healthy ground turkey recipes, keep the following things in mind:
- Types of ground turkey: There are many different types of ground turkey on the market ranging from extremely lean made with all turkey breast to ones with higher fat content made with dark meat turkey. For the leanest option, look for 99% lean ground turkey also sometimes called ground turkey breast or ground white meat turkey. Standard ground turkey is a combination of white and dark meat and usually is 93% lean. There is also some ground turkey on the market made from all dark meat, which is usually 80-85% lean. Like other ground meat, the leaner the meat, the more likely it is to be dry. For most recipes, 93% lean or 95% lean will give you the best results. You can also look for lean ground turkey sausage, which comes seasoned with spices and can add extra flavor to any ground turkey recipe.
- Nutritional content: Ground turkey is a great source of lean protein with 22 grams of protein for just 4 ounces of turkey. It also contains B-6 and b-12 vitains as well as selenium, zinc, and choline. Dark meat turkey contains a higher percentage of viatmins and minerals but also has a higher fat content.
- Flavor: Much like chicken, ground turkey is receptive to almost all flavors and recipes and can be swapped in for ground beef, ground pork, or ground chicken.
What are your favorite healthy ways to use ground turkey?
1. Low Carb Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs with Fresh Mozzarella, 416 calories – is a lower carb dish that is packed with flavor and will keep you full all night. Hearty and delicious.
2. Slow Cook Red Pepper Lentils and Ground Turkey, 318 calories – is a filling dish made with lentils, plenty of spices, and ground turkey all in the crockpot. Add broth to make it a stew or serve it with rice or in wraps.
3. Asian Quinoa and Turkey Stir-fry, 319 calories – is one of our go-to busy weeknight meals that come together in no time and is healthy, full of veggies, and with plenty of protein from the turkey.
4. Zucchini and Ground Turkey Pizza Boats, 228 calories – are my go-to meal whenever I am craving pizza. Baked zucchini stuffed with lean ground turkey, sauce, and cheese is pretty hard to beat.
5. Cheesy Enchilada Stuffed Peppers, 224 calories – are a low carb meal that I could eat every night for dinner. Plus they freeze great making them an awesome option for meal prep.
6. Asian Ground Turkey Stir-fry, 234 calories – comes together in less than 15 minutes and all you need is a bag of stir-fry veggies and a pound of lean ground turkey,
7. Tex Mex Stuffed Zucchini, 238 calories – is another delicious stuffed zucchini recipe that is packed with black bean, corn, ground turkey, tomatoes, and topped with melted cheese.
8. Easy Turkey Chili, 331 calories – is one of my family's favorite quick and easy meals. Comes together in less than thirty minutes but tastes like it has been cooking all day.
9. Green Chile Turkey Burgers, 200 calories – made with lean ground turkey meat, green chilies, and spices are topped with yummy pickled red onions and extra diced green chilies. So good.
10. Spaghetti Squash Meat Lasagna Boats, 368 calories – makea an awesome low carb dinner that will satisfy any serious lasagna cravings.
11. Turkey Fajita Stuffed Fajitas, 296 calories – take all the great flavors of fajitas and combine them in an easy to make, stuffed zucchini that's filling from the protein in the ground turkey.
12. Greek Tostadas with Turkey, 346 calories – are a fast weeknight meal made with browned turkey, cucumbers, tomatoes, and topped with feta cheese.
13. Ground Turkey Tostadas, 457 calories – made with ground turkey and refried beans piled high on baked tostada shells with all the best toppings. Easy, filling, and ready in 20 minutes.
14. Ground Turkey and Spaghetti Squash Curry, 247 calories – is one of those dishes that seem simple but the flavors will blow you away.
15. Turkey, Barley, and Vegetable Soup, 319 calories – is a great soup to have ready to go for lunch during the week.
16. Turkey Apple Burgers, 238 calories – are slightly sweet and tangy from the addition of green apples. Trust me, you want to try this.
17. Chinese BBQ Turkey Lettuce Wraps, 225 calories – are a light and healthy spin on lettuce wraps and have plenty of flavor from an easy Hoisin based sauce.
18. Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey Burgers, 267 calories – that are spicy, cheesy, and satisfy any burger cravings.
19. Ground Turkey with Potatoes and Peas, 297 calories – sounds like a simple dish but you won't believe how good this dish tastes.
20. Low Carb Turkey Lasagna, 275 calories – is made with zucchini, ground turkey, low sugar marinara sauce, and plenty of ricotta and mozzarella cheese.
21. Grilled Turkey Lula Kebabs, 257 calories – are one of my favorite things to make on the grill with a big Israeli salad and rice.
22. Barbecue Cheddar Turkey Burgers, 262 calories – are always a hit at any barbecue or get together. My family asks for this healthy turkey burger all the time,
23. Asian Turkey Burgers with Sriracha Lime Yogurt Sauce, 238 calories – is another great turkey burger made with Asian flavors and topped with the best spicy yogurt sauce.
24. Turkey and Black Bean Tostadas with Cilantro Lime Sauce, 356 calories – are a fun Mexican meal to make on a weeknight. Let everyone choose their own toppings to add to their turkey and beans.
25. Ground Turkey and Butternut Squash Skillet with Feta, 274 calories – is a skillet meal that's easy to make and super nutritious. We love ours topped with feta cheese.
26. Cowboy Turkey Burgers, 249 calories – made with jalapenos, red onions, and cheddar cheese are always a hit.
27. Pizza Turkey Burgers, 221 calories – topped with marinara sauce and cheese can satisfy a craving for burgers and pizza at the same time.
28. Slow Cooker Tuscan Turkey Sloppy Joes, 265 calories – take the traditional sloppy joe recipe and add Italian flavors. Delicious.
29. Spicy Turkey, Green Bean, and Mushroom Stir-fry, 281 calories – is ready in less than twenty minutes and is great with brown or cauliflower rice.
30. Buffalo Turkey Lettuce Wraps, 256 calories – make a light and healthy lunch and have all the buffalo flavor you want in this kind of recipe.
31. Slow Cooker Turkey Picadillo, 228 calories – is a Mexican dish made with lean ground turkey, potatoes, carrots, and onions in a spicy tomato and chipotle sauce.
32. Turkey Enchilada Stuffed Portobelo Mushrooms, 333 calories – are spicy, filling, and a great veggie packed dish to add to your menu.
33. Turkey Burger Quesadilla, 379 calories – are essentially super juicy turkey burgers cooked in a crispy, cheesy quesadilla. So good.
34. Turkey and Black Bean Tostadas with Cilantro Sauce, 356 calories – should make an appearance at your next Taco night.
36. Salsa Verde Turkey Tacos, 214 calories – made with ground turkey and your favorite salsa verde will soon be a favorite for taco nights.
37. Easy Turkey and Butternut Squash Chili, 351 calories – combines a traditional ground turkey chili with butternut squash for a hearty and healthy option,
38. Turkey Poblano Tostadas, 375 calories – use a combination of ground turkey and poblano peppers to create a super flavorful tostada.
39. Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps, 272 calories – are a lightened up version of a traditional turkey taco served in a lettuce wrap with all the toppings.
40. Turkey Taco and Cauliflower Rice Skillet, 237 calories – is a low carb dish made with ground turkey, cauliflower rice, tomatoes, and taco seasoning.
41. Turkey Sausage and Broccoli Pasta, 364 calories – uses ground turkey sausage to create a flavor packed pasta dish that is actually light and healthy.
42. Turkey Sloppy Joes, 199 calories – are always a huge hit with kids and can be used for sandwiches, rice bowls, and more.
43. Healthy Greek Meatballs, 226 calories – can be made with ground turkey or beef and taste amazing wrapped up in a pita with veggies and tzatziki.
44. Zucchini Noodle Bolognese, 417 calories – is a low carb pasta dish made with ground turkey and zucchini noodles.
Meal Plan Members: Consider adding some of these yummy ground turkey recipes to your favorites or recipe queue for upcoming meal plans!