videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Pizza Turkey Burgers
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 U red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 U green pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 U sweet onion, sliced thin
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the broiler.
Combine the turkey, half the Italian seasoning, basil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Form into patties. Set aside.
Heat half the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the peppers and onion. Cook for 6-8 minutes until tender, adding the water if they begin to burn.
Season with remaining Italian seasoning and set aside.
Add the remaining oil and burgers and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until cooked through.
Top the burgers with peppers, onions, 2 tbsp. marinara sauce, and 2 tbsp. cheese.
Place in broiler until cheese melts.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.