This homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing made with fresh raspberries is sweet, tart, and the perfect way to brighten up any salad. Jump to Recipe keyboard_arrow_down
Raspberry vinaigrette is one of those salad dressings that sounds complicated but actually couldn't be easier. Using fresh raspberries, instead of raspberry preserves or flavoring, makes this homemade version much healthier than store-bought options that rely on artificial flavors and lots of sugar.
This past summer I have gone through all the dressings. I was on a kick, you might say. I figured, why stop at ranch and Greek, and go ahead and make all the variations I love and that I used to buy at the store, like this Raspberry Vinaigrette.
Making your own salad dressings is so easy, much easier than you think, and healthier too! I reach for this fruity dressing all year long, dipping my veggies into a little dish of it, or pouring it over the top of a green salad, or even a fruit salad for a little bit of tanginess. Since it can be made with frozen raspberries, you don't have to worry about them being in season.
The best part about this dressing is you can totally swap out raspberries for another berry or citrus fruit and it will be just as delicious!
How do you make Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing?
Making this dressing is really, really difficult and requires basically a million steps. No, I'm totally joking, making this berry dressing is easy as pie!
Simply add all the ingredients (raspberries, oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, and salt) into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Then put in the fridge in a sealed container until you're ready to use it.
That's it! Simple!
Recipe Ideas and Tips
There are so many ways to tweak this dressing, here are just a few of my favorite ideas:
- Swap 1 cup of raspberries out for blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries.
- Instead of using lime juice, you could use orange or lemon juice and still have that tangy citrus flavor to balance out the berries.
- You could use regular vinegar or red wine instead of white wine if you don't have it on hand or prefer it.
- Add a teaspoon or two of fresh herbs like rosemary, basil, or thyme to give this dressing a more earthy flavor.
- Love the taste of shallots? Add in half of a shallot when blending.
- Another thing I like to add to this dressing is a pinch of unexpected heat, via a dash of red pepper flakes, or half a seeded jalapeno.
How can I use Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing?
- On top of a green salad is the most obvious choice, but it's a good one!
- Use it as a marinade for chicken before grilling.
- Make a vegetable wrap and drizzle on this berry dressing for a bit of tartness.
- Use this dressing as a dip for potato wedges or crudites.
- Drizzle some dressing on top of roasted salmon.
- Add balsamic to the dressing, then heat a cup or so over medium-low heat on the oven in a saucepan to reduce and drizzle over all the things.
How long will this dressing last?
Raspberry vinaigrette will last about two weeks in the fridge if it is stored in an airtight container.
Is Raspberry Vinaigrette Healthy?
This dressing is quite good for you. First of all, it's homemade, which means you can control the amounts of ingredients that go into this dressing.
Also, it needs to be refrigerated, which means it's not shelf-stable like a lot of grocery store dressings, so there's no preservatives and additives in it either.
Raspberries contain a lot of antioxidants that help rid the body of free radicals, fighting the signs of aging. They also contain a good amount of vitamins C and K, manganese, and fiber.
Olive and avocado oils are both heart-healthy, good fat sources, and vinegar can help you control your blood sugar, weight, and cholesterol levels with its acetic acid.
Lemon juice contains tons of vitamin C and fiber and can help in your weight-loss efforts as well as help keep your heart healthy. Lemon juice is also good for your digestion.
Finally, honey has lots of known antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, and can also help keep your heart healthy.
More healthy salad dressing recipes
Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 1/4 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp honey (more to taste)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 U Pepper to taste
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.