Lunches can be a difficult meal to plan for when you first start dieting or eating healthier. Not only does it take some foresight and planning, it also likely means breaking from your typical habits of take-out lunches or packaged meals. While I stick to dinner leftovers often for lunch, I also like to prepare something on Sunday that I can quickly pack during the week for a delicious and healthy lunch. This simple grilled veggie and hummus wrap fits that perfectly. Grill up the veggies on Sunday and then just pack up the wrap, hummus, and feta to assemble the sandwich at work. It's quick, easy, and nutritious.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U red onion, sliced
- 1 U red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 U eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 U zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup hummus
- 4 U low carb wraps (like FlatOut Light)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat feta cheese
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Toss the vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill the vegetables for 3-4 minutes per side or untl cooked to your liking. The onions and peppers may take a bit longer than the other veggies. Remove and coarsely chop vegetables. Toss with basil.
Spread 1/4 cup hummus on each flat bread, leaving a little space at the edges. Divide vegetables and sprinkle on 2 tbsp. feta. Roll up and serve.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.