Grilled Pineapple Barbecue Chicken makes the most delicious grilled chicken packed with sweet and savory flavors with just a few ingredients.
Grilled Pineapple Barbecue Chicken - with just a few ingredients, you can make the most amazing grilled chicken dish completed with grilled pineapples and the most delicious, slightly spicy barbecue sauce.
If you have never combined chicken, barbecue sauce, and pineapple, you're missing out! It is such a delicious combination and one that you will be eating all summer long once you try it. Plus it's made with just a few ingredients that you probably already have in the house. The key to this recipe is doctoring up your favorite store bought barbecue sauce to give it a Hawaiian twist with pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger, and fresh garlic. The chicken hangs out and marinates in this semi-homemade sauce and then is grilled alongside some fresh pineapple. Yum.
Here are some things to keep in mind when making this Pineapple Barbecue Chicken
- This recipe works great with chicken breast or chicken thighs depending on what you prefer. It also can easily be changed int a kebab recipe. Just chop up the marinated chicken and thread it into skewers with the pineapple and some fresh peppers and onions. Brush everything with the marinade and toss them on the grill. I also imagine it would work great for pork chops but I haven't tried it yet.
- Although I love grilled pineapple with this recipe, you could also venture out and try some other fruit variations. Fresh grilled peaches would be delicious and you could add some peach nectar to the barbecue sauce.
- I tend to like everything a bit spicy so I add Sriracha to the barbecue sauce for a sweet and spicy combination. You can definitely leave this out if you aren't looking for a spicy fish or serve it on the side for those who want it.
- When it comes to side dishes, I almost always serve this with some fresh grilled corn on the cob and a big green salad. It's my idea of a perfect summer meal.
Looking for more grilled chicken recipes?
- Grilled Soy Ginger Chicken with Mango Salsa
- Grilled Chicken with Peach Salsa
- Grilled Honey Sriracha Chicken
- Grilled Lemon Herb Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Basil Lime Chicken Breast
- More healthy grilled chicken recipes
Here are some tools and products I used when cooking this recipe:
- If you don't have a gas or charcoal grill at home, a grill pan is a great option for grilling indoors. I used one for years when I lived in an apartment that didn't allow grills. The two that I use most often are this nonstick version and this cast iron version. The nonstick is great for easy clean-up but the cast iron will give you deeper grill marks and more smoky flavor.
- Pineapples can be a pain to cut, especially if you want pretty pineapple rings. That's where a pineapple corer comes in handy. It slices the pineapple into perfect rings in about one minute. If you eat a lot of pineapple, it's worth it.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Pineapple Barbecue Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Mix together the barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and Sriracha. Marinate the chicken in this mixture for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the marinade letting excess drip off. Spray the pineapple slices with cooking spray. Grill the chicken and pineapple for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. For thinner chicken, cook less time on each side.
- Meanwhile, pour the excess marinade into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and let cook 4-5 minutes until slightly reduced. Serve drizzled on the chicken and pineapple.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.