Homemade Mango Popsicles made with fresh mango, lime juice, and a touch of honey are the perfect refreshing summer treat. Packed with mango flavor and made with real fruit.
Mango Popsicles are fresh, flavorful, and perfect for the summertime. Made simply with wholesome ingredients like fresh mango and lime, these make the perfect sweet treats to enjoy after a day at the pool with family and friends. We love serving this with homemade Watermelon Ice Cream or Popsicles for a fun summer dessert spread.
There is truly nothing like a nice, refreshing popsicle on a hot summer day. I’ve never really liked all the artificial sugar and preservatives that tend to be loaded into store-bought popsicles, so one day I decided to make my own. It seemed easy enough, so why not give it a shot?
Ever since the first time I made my own popsicles, I was hooked. They taste amazing, they’re healthier than store-bought popsicles, and best of all—they’re child-approved. And when I say child-approved, I mean that my kids are absolutely obsessed. Any time I make a batch of Mango Popsicles for the family, suffice to say they don’t stick around for very long.
These popsicles are perfect for enjoying as a quick and easy snack after a long day in the sun or as a dessert after a nice family dinner. It takes just a few minutes and a few simple ingredients to make them, then you can pop them in the freezer overnight and wake up to a refreshing treat. Try them out for yourself and let me know in the comments how they turn out!
Key Ingredients and Easy Swaps
To make this refreshing treat, you will need the following key ingredients:
- Fresh mango: This delicious tropical fruit is the perfect base for our popsicles. You can use any fruit you like, but I love the flavor of mango for this treat. Frozen mango will also work.
- Water: You can use regular water or coconut water for a tropical twist, depending on your flavor preferences.
- Lime: We use the juice of a lime to add acidity that brightens up the mango, balancing out the sweetness and making it extra refreshing.
- Honey: This adds a bit of extra sweetness to complement the mango. For a vegan version, you can swap this out for maple syrup. If your mango is really sweet, you can leave this out. No calorie sweeteners like Stevia or Monk Fruit also work.
Why You’ll Love Them
I know you’re going to love these popsicles as much as I do and here are just a few of the reasons why:
- They’re easy to make. Made with just 4 ingredients and a blender, these homemade popsicles are beyond easy to make. If you have kids, let them help you make them for a fun family project!
- They’re healthy. Unlike store-bought popsicles that are loaded with artificial sugars and preservatives, these popsicles use only natural sweeteners like fruit and honey. They make a perfectly healthy treat to enjoy.
- They’re adaptable. You can switch up the fruit, add fresh mint, switch out the water for fruit juice, and even add liquor. There are so many ways to get creative with these delicious treats!
- They’re refreshing. What better way to cool down on a hot day than with a refreshing fruit popsicle? They’re the perfect way to hydrate while enjoying a nice snack.
- They’re delicious. If you’re like me, this is the most important part. These Mango Popsicles are absolutely delicious!
One of the most fun aspects of this recipe is that there are so many ways to get creative with it. From adding booze to swapping out the fruit you use, the options are endless. Here are some of my favorite ways to switch up this dish:
- Add some heat: Fruit and chili are delicious together, so if you’re a spicy food lover then don’t be shy! Add some chili powder to kick this dish a little kick.
- Swap out the fruit: Looking to try something aside from mango? No problem. You can use just about any fruit in its place. Some of my favorite choices include pineapples, watermelon, peaches, and blackberries.
- Add fresh mint or basil: This adds a ton of refreshing minty flavor, making the popsicles even brighter and more delicious.
- Make it creamy: If you prefer your popsicles on the creamier side, add Greek yogurt or coconut milk to the pops.
- Use a flavored liquid: Instead of using plain water, try using a flavored liquid like fruit juice, lemonade, or coconut water for added flavor.
- Make it boozy: Add a little vodka or white rum for an adult-friendly twist on this delicious treat. It’ll be the most popular snack at the pool party!
How to Store Homemade Popsicles
When I make these popsicles for my family and friends, they tend to disappear fast. However, if you wind up with leftovers, they keep great in the freezer. For best results, homemade popsicles can be stored in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. While they won’t spoil after that, the texture will change over time and they could eventually develop freezer burn.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about this dish:
What fruits can I use for homemade popsicles?
You can use any kind of fruit you like! Some of my favorite fruits to use for homemade popsicles include mangos, pineapples, watermelon, berries, peaches, and kiwi. You could also mix it up and add a blend of fruits, like strawberry and peach or pineapple and mango.
How long does it take to freeze popsicles?
It takes at least 6 hours to fully freeze homemade popsicles, but I recommend freezing them overnight for the best results if you have the time.
Are popsicles healthy?
Store-bought popsicles are often filled with tons of sugar and artificial preservatives, making them a more indulgent dessert. When you make your own popsicles from scratch using fresh and simple ingredients like fruit, lime juice, and honey, they are perfectly healthy treats to enjoy on a hot day.
Should I use fresh or frozen mango?
This is entirely up to you, so use whichever option is easiest. I like using fresh mango, but frozen mango works just as well. If you use frozen mango, I recommend letting the chunks thaw out beforehand. This helps to ensure that the texture gets smooth and creamy when they are blended.
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
Like this recipe? Try these next:
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 4 cups chopped fresh mango
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tbsp honey
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.