- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups mushrooms, minced (I used white, baby bella, and crimini)
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 U bay leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup canned evaporated nonfat milk
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/16 tsp. nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
Warm a large soup pot over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter. Once melted, add the garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes until fragrant.
Add the mushrooms, thyme, bay leaves, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through and lose most of their moisture.
Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste. If you want a thicker soup, stir in the corn starch mixed with equal parts cold water at this point.
Add the evaporated milk and skim milk. Bring to a simmer. This soup freezes great so consider making extra batches for later.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.