Frozen yogurt bark with fresh blueberries, graham crackers, and lemon zest is a frozen treat that is packed with protein and can be customized any way you like.
This Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Bark made with creamy Greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, lemon zest, and graham crackers will quickly become a go-to snack and sweet treat in any home.
This healthy, protein-packed treat couldn't be easier to make and is the perfect sweet snack or dessert to have in your freezer. In under 10 minutes, you can have this in the freezer and a couple of hours later, this delicious treat is ready. Add all your favorite toppings, although I highly recommend this blueberry, lemon, graham combo. The combination is hard to beat. Sometimes I add a little chocolate drizzle as well.
Another thing I love about this recipe is how versatile it is. It's easy to swap in any type of yogurt you like and create all different kinds of flavor combinations. Currently, in my freezer, we have a peanut butter and jelly version made with fresh berries and a peanut butter drizzle, a chocolate-dipped strawberry option made with chocolate yogurt and freeze-dried strawberries, and a breakfast cereal bark.
How to Make Frozen Yogurt Bark?
Making this bark couldn't be easier. Three simple steps, that's all it takes to make one delicious dessert or snack.
- Start with the yogurt: Any yogurt can be used for this recipe from plain to flavored, regular or Greek, plant-based or dairy. It all works. When starting with plain yogurt, make sure to add some sweetness with pure maple syrup, honey, or a low carb sweetener. Additional flavor can be added with vanilla extract, almond extract, flavored Stevia, or spices. If using flavored yogurt (think strawberry, coconut, lemon, chocolate), no sweetener is needed.
- Spread into a thin layer: Prep a baking sheet by covering it with parchment so the yogurt doesn't stick to the pan. Spread a thin layer of the yogurt on the baking sheet in a rectangular shape. It should be about 1/4 inch thick. It may not fill the entire baking sheet, that's ok.
- Add the toppings: Sprinkle all your favorite toppings on to the yogurt. Consider fresh or freeze-dried fruit, granola, nuts and seeds, thin cookies, chocolate chips, or any other toppings you like.
- Freeze: Place the sheet pan right into the freezer and let freeze for 3-4 hours until the yogurt is firm and frozen. Break into pieces and store in an airtight bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Base Recipe for Yogurt Bark
Once you start making this recipe, you will instantly have tons of ideas for how you want to customize it and make it your own. Here is the base recipe for making the yogurt mixture, then add any toppings you like:
- 2 cups yogurt (plain, Greek, flavored, or plant-based)
- 3 tbsp honey (or another sweetener, leave out with flavored yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional but works great with plain yogurt)
Can I use different types of yogurt?
Depending on your dietary preferences and tastes, you may want to make this recipe with different types of yogurt. It will work with virtually any yogurt out there and you can use plain or flavored varieties.
One advantage of Greek yogurt specifically is that it has more protein than standard yogurt and a thick creamy texture, which creates a delicious texture in the frozen yogurt bark.
For those wanting more sweetness in the recipe, reach for your favorite flavored yogurt. I like to use the reduced sugar options but as I mentioned above, anything will work. Some favorites include chocolate, lemon, strawberry, and coconut.
Recipe and Topping Ideas
- Granola: If you want to eat your yogurt bark for breakfast, consider adding some granola on top to add whole grains.
- Cereal: Just like granola, any cereal can be added on top to add flavor and crunch. Make sure to reach for something that doesn't get soggy immediately since it will be on top of the yogurt as it freezes.
- Peanut butter or almond butter swirls: For some added protein and healthy fats, add a swirl of nut butter to the yogurt. Melted the nut butter slightly before adding it will help create beautiful swirls. The same will work with melted chocolate chips or low sugar jam.
- Chocolate chips: For chocolate lovers, you'll definitely want to scatter some chocolate chips on top.
- Chopped nuts: Add some crunch and healthy fats with some sliced or chopped nuts scattered on the yogurt bark.
- Thin cookie pieces: This recipe uses graham cracker pieces to add both flavor and crunch. Other thin and crispy cookie pieces also work great.
How long does yogurt bark last?
Once frozen, yogurt bark will last up to 3 months in the freezer. Make sure to keep the pieces in an airtight bag or container. Also, make sure the pieces stay completely frozen so they don't end up sticking together.
How to make this low carb and/or zero points on WW®?
For those looking for a low carb version of frozen yogurt bark, start by choosing a low carb yogurt option like full-fat Greek yogurt. Next, use a low carb sweetener like stevia, or choose a flavored low carb yogurt that already has sweetener added. When it comes to toppings, think about low carb choices like fresh berries, peanut butter, almond butter, nuts, low carb cereal, or sugar-free chocolate chips.
For a zero point option on WW® (on Blue and Purple), swap in a zero point sweetener for the honey. This could be stevia, monk fruit sweetener, or another sugar-free option. Then choose fresh fruit for the topping since it is also zero points.
More healthy yogurt recipes
Blueberry Lemon Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 graham cracker (sheets, broken into pieces)
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.