These Baked Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tenders come out crispy and delicious every time with the perfect balance of spice from buffalo sauce and ranch from a quick homemade seasoning mix.
These buffalo chicken tenders are coated in crispy panko bread crumbs and taste just like they came from a sport's bar! They have the perfect amount of heat and taste amazing dipped in ranch dressing.
One of the most common questions I hear from readers is, “What is a quick, healthy chicken recipe I can make for a weeknight dinner?”. Today’s chicken recipe answers this common concern!
It’s simple, delicious, and uses ranch and buffalo flavors to make a healthier version of everyone’s favorite fried food. It appeals to a large crowd making it work for families with the pickiest of eaters.
It is easy to create a healthy, family-friendly meal that everyone will love. First, you marinate the chicken with your favorite buffalo sauce giving it a nice spicy flavor. You can use your favorite barbecue sauce, marinade, or skip this step if you don’t like spice. Then, you bread the chicken with panko breadcrumbs seasoned with the traditional flavors of ranch dressing. Finally, you bake it until crispy and crunchy for a healthy, spicy version of your favorite chicken tenders.
This dish is perfect for serving for a quick weeknight dinner, game-day snack, or freezer meal that can be warmed up in minutes. Normally when I prepare it, I like to triple or quadruple the recipe so I can freeze a batch and use some for leftovers!
I love to stuff these tenders into sandwiches or quesadillas, add on top of healthy salads, or wrap up with my favorite veggies and dressing. They are also incredibly versatile and can be spiced and seasoned with whatever flavors you enjoy. Love buffalo chicken? Don't miss these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, and Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas.
Key Ingredients For Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Most of the ingredients in these chicken tenders are spices. You are going to love how easy they are to make!
- Chicken: Use either chicken breast tenders or boneless and skinless chicken breasts. Either way, cut them into strips that are all basically the same size.
- Buffalo Hot Sauce: Use your favorite buffalo wing sauce. If you (or your kids) prefer mild-tasting sauces, use one that isn't spicy.
- Panko Breadcrumbs: Panko will give you extra crispy chicken tenders. You can use regular breadcrumbs instead, but they won't have the same crunch.
- Spices: This combination of spices really is the best! I used parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, onion flakes, black pepper, dried chives, and salt. It gives this dish all that ranch flavor.
Note: For a full list of ingredients and detailed instructions on how to make these chicken tenders, take a look at the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post!
Recipe Tips and Ideas
Follow these tips to make sure that this chicken turns out crispy and spicy every single time!
- Pierce the chicken with a fork all over before you marinate it. This will help the buffalo sauce really seep deep into the chicken to infuse it with flavor.
- Marinate the chicken strips for at least 4 hours. It's best to let it marinate overnight if you can remember.
- Place the coated chicken on a wire rack that you place on top of a baking sheet. This will help the chicken to stay crispy and prevent it from becoming soggy on one side as it bakes.
What To Serve With Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tenders
These chicken tenders remind me of tailgating or party food! So, serve them with your favorite party sides.
Sliced raw veggies are perfect and completely effortless. You could also grill some veggies. If you would rather serve the tenders with a more traditional side option, make some Crispy Potato Wedges or Sweet Potato Fries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions I frequently get asked about by some readers...
My chicken didn't brown, what can I do?
If your chicken is completely cooked through but didn't brown, just broil it on high for 3 minutes. Keep a close eye on the chicken while it broils, so it doesn't burn.
What size of strips do I cut the chicken into?
The best size of strips to cut the chicken into is about 2-inches long. However, make sure they are not too thick, either. They should only be about 1/2-inch thick. This will help them to cook faster.
How do you freeze these cooked chicken tenders?
To freeze, layer the cooked chicken tenders in a freezer-safe bag or container with parchment paper. Make sure you only place them in one layer, or else they will freeze into a giant block.
To reheat them, place them in a hot oven (400 degrees) for 15 minutes or microwave for 3-4 minutes.
What is the safe cooking temperature of chicken?
Always use an instant-read food thermometer when you cook chicken. You should cook chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
Baked Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tenders
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 1.33 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried chives (optional)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.