Brown rice is a staple in my home and I find myself making it at least once a week for side dishes and quick grain salads. But after awhile, plain brown rice can get boring and that's where this recipe comes into play. It's amazing how much a little garlic, fresh cilantro, and citrus juice can transform a sometimes boring side dish into something special.
Play around with the herbs, oil, and citrus juice to make all kinds of yummy combinations. Lemon and fresh thyme is delicious, substitute in sesame oil for the olive oil and add orange juice, or try a classic combination of lemon juice, parsley, and lots of fresh ground pepper.
Garlic Cilantro Brown Rice
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup medium grain brown rice (or short grain)
- 2.25 cups water (or broth)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (or more)
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.