Sweet and Spicy Roasted Acorn Squash
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 U acorn squash, seeded and cut in half
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
To speed up the cooking process, place the acorn squash in a microwave safe container flesh side down, with half a cup of water. Cook on high for 5-7 minutes or until you can pierce the squash with a fork easily.
While the squash is cooking, mix together the brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl.
Take the squash out of the microwave and place onto an oven safe dish. Place 1/2 tbsp of butter in each squash half and sprinkle with the spice mixture.
Roast for 15 minutes. At the end, if you want to caramelize the top, broil for an additional 2-3 minutes.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.