Rosemary Chicken is made simply with fresh rosemary, garlic, honey, and lemon juice for a mouth-watering addition to any meal. This delicious flavor packed chicken recipe is ready in just 30 minutes.
In need of an easy and delicious protein to jazz up your weeknight dinners? Well, look no further! Rosemary Chicken is wholesome, easy to make, and bursting with flavor. Made with fresh rosemary, garlic, lemon juice, butter, chicken broth, and honey, this dish has an incredible flavor that tastes great with just about anything.
Because this dish is so versatile, it can be served in a ton of different ways. Serving it for lunch? Slice it up thin and pile it into sandwiches or onto your favorite salads. Preparing it for dinner? Serve it up alongside your favorite veggies and the whole grain of your choice.
Some of my favorite dishes to serve with Rosemary Chicken this time of year include Roasted Green Beans and a bowl of Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. That being said, the options are seriously endless when it comes to how to serve this healthy chicken recipe.
Make a big batch of this easy chicken to serve with lunches throughout the week or serve it at your next family feast or dinner party. No matter how you serve it, this dish guarantees to impress even the pickiest of eaters.
Key Ingredients and Easy Swaps
To make this delicious chicken dish, you will need the following key ingredients:
- Chicken breast: I like to use boneless and skinless chicken breasts to make this dish, but you can use any kind of chicken you like. Thighs and drumsticks work great, too!
- Rosemary: The sauce you will spoon over the chicken is absolutely delicious and we have rosemary to thank for that. Make sure to use the fresh version for the best flavor! You could swap in fresh thyme or oregano as well.
- Chicken broth: This serves as the base for this delicious sauce. If you don’t have any, vegetable broth will work well too. You could also swap in white wine.
- Honey. This is totally optional, but I find that a touch of sweetness really enhances the flavor of the sauce and balances it out for a seriously amazing final dish. Pure maple syrup is another option.
- Lemon juice: This brightens up the dish and enhances the flavors in the mouth-watering rosemary sauce.
- Butter: A little butter goes a long way in adding to the richness of this incredible dish. Feel free to swap it out for olive oil or a dairy-free butter, if needed.
Here are my top tips and tricks for making the best Rosemary Chicken:
- Marinate your chicken ahead of time for 30 minutes to an hour (or up to overnight) to maximize on flavor and get extra juicy chicken.
- Let your chicken rest. After your chicken is done cooking, let it rest for about 5-10 minutes before cutting into it. This will help to lock in the juices and super delicious and juicy chicken.
- Don’t overcrowd your chicken. For best results, leave space between your chicken breasts! This will allow them to brown and cook evenly.
- Switch up the seasoning. If you don’t have fresh rosemary or want to try a different herb, you can swap it out for thyme, basil, or oregano instead.
How to Serve Rosemary Chicken
This healthy chicken dish makes for a quick and easy way to add lean protein to your meals. If you need some inspiration, here are some of my favorite dishes to serve with chicken:
- Potatoes. This healthy chicken recipe tastes fantastic with potato dishes like my Baked Sweet Potatoes Fries, Easy Roasted Potatoes, and Simple Garlic Roasted Potatoes.
- Veggies. Chicken and veggies is a classic low-carb combination. Try pairing this dish with these Garlic Bacon Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan or Honey Balsamic Roasted Vegetable Bowls.
- Grains. To turn this recipe into a complete and ultra-satisfying meal, try serving it over a bed of brown rice or quinoa. You can also keep this meal low-carb by pairing it with cauliflower rice.
- Salads. Looking to add some delicious protein for your favorite salad? Well, look no further. Rosemary Chicken tastes great atop this Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing or any other salad of your choice.
- Sandwiches. Rosemary Chicken is perfect for tucking into pita bread or sourdough alongside your favorite sandwich toppings. Lettuce, tomato, bacon, and this chicken? Yes, please!
- Pasta. Serving a crowd? Pair this chicken dish with a delicious bowl of pasta like this One Pot Tomato Basil Pasta or this One Pot Creamy Vegetable Pasta.
Leftover Chicken Storage Tips
Trust me when I say that this Rosemary Chicken is perfect for meal prep. I love making a batch early in the week, then using it later on for salads, sandwiches, and last-minute dinner entrées. If you’re indecisive like me, it’s the perfect choice because you can add it to a ton of different meals.
To store leftovers, simply seal them up in an airtight storage bag or container. Then, store your chicken in one of two ways:
- In the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- In the freezer for up to 4 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about this dish:
Chicken is a wonderful source of healthy protein. It’s low in calories, carbs, and fat, yet super high in protein and nutrients. When paired alongside healthy dishes like salads and whole grains, this is an incredibly healthy dish to add to your weekly rotation.
To keep chicken from drying out, brine your chicken in salt water for about 20-30 minutes. Not only will this enhance the flavor, but it will help you make the juiciest chicken you’ve ever had.
For super tender chicken, you might want to cover your chicken breasts while they’re in the oven. If you are looking for a crispier chicken, however, then there’s no need. A lid will help lock in the steam and moisture, so it really depends on whether you’re going for soft and tender all the way through or crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Rosemary Chicken with Garlic Butter
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.