These Honey Balsamic Roasted Vegetable Bowls are all I want to eat this fall. Brussels sprouts, carrots, red potatoes, red onions and red peppers are roasted until browned and caramelized and then tossed in a combination of honey, balsamic vinegar, and thyme. I have been making all my roasted veggies like this lately and am obsessed. The savory, rich taste of the vinegar and sweetness of the honey just works. And you could use any dried or fresh herbs you like. Rosemary, oregano, marjoram, or even curry powder would all be delicious. Then once you have your roasted veggies, everything is served on a bowl of hearty grains. I have been loving farro lately, but any grain would work. And if you really want to take it to another level, top everything with some creamy goat cheese.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Honey Balsamic Roasted Vegetable Bowls
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup farro
- 3/4 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 lb carrots, chopped
- 1/2 lb red potatoes, chopped (or sweet potatoes)
- 1 U red pepper, chopped
- 1 U red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or glaze)
- 1.5 tbsp honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Make the farro according to package directions.
- Cook the farro according to package directions.
- Toss the vegetables with the olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Place in a single layer on 1-2 baking sheets. Try not to have vegetables overlap too much so that they are able to caramelize. Bake for 30 minutes, shaking the pan a few times, until tender and caramelized.
- When the vegetables come out, immediately toss them with the honey and balsamic vinegar or glaze. Serve over the farro.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.