This one pan Honey Mustard Chicken with Broccolini is a twenty minute dinner that the whole family will love. It's healthy, it's easy, and the balsamic honey mustard sauce is just so delicious.
This lightly seared honey mustard chicken with broccolini is coated in a deliciously sweet and tangy sauce. It’s a simple yet delicious dinner that’s made all in one pan and ready in under 30 minutes!
I have been completely obsessed lately with whipping up simple chicken and vegetable dishes in a skillet. One-pan meals like this one are quick and easy time-savers to make on your busy weeknights.
There’s just no need to spend tons of time creating meals when you can whip up a recipe like this honey mustard chicken that’s healthy, easy, and scrumptious. I love the simplicity of one-pan recipes like this one, and the fact that there’s only one dish to clean at the end is a bonus!
I personally love honey mustard and am always looking for ways to use it. That flavor combo of sweet and tangy gets me every time. When I was developing this recipe, I wanted to add a twist to the sauce so that it wasn’t the same old honey mustard dish that you would automatically expect.
Even if you don’t generally like honey mustard, the flavor profile of this recipe will pull you in - and keep you coming back for more.
Key Ingredients For Honey Mustard Chicken
Besides the apparent chicken breast tenders, here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this lip-smackin’ honey mustard chicken recipe at home:
- Spices: You will need garlic and onion powder, oregano, and salt and pepper to enhance this chicken dish’s flavor.
- Olive Oil: I prefer using olive oil when I cook, but you could easily use any vegetable, avocado, or grapeseed oil for this recipe.
- Broccolini: This green veggie was my first choice when making this honey mustard chicken, but there are many other options. See the recipe notes section below for more ideas!
- Chicken Stock: I use a low-sodium stock to help control the salt level in the dish. If you use regular chicken stock, reduce or eliminate the amount of additional salt you add so you are not left with an overly seasoned chicken.
- Whole Grain Mustard: This mustard provides a delicious tangy flavor and a texture that elevates the dish.
- Balsamic Vinegar: The tang of the balsamic vinegar brings all the other flavors together and cuts through the sweetness of the honey mustard.
- Honey: This ingredient adds a touch of sweetness that lessens the zing of the vinegar and mustard. If you’re out of honey, feel free to substitute maple syrup.
Note: Please see the printable recipe card at the end of this post for a complete list of ingredients and detailed instructions on how to make this honey mustard chicken recipe!
Recipe Tips and Ideas
Here are some ideas for variations you can make to this recipe to keep it fresh and exciting!
- I used broccolini, but any vegetable will work! Try this dish with cauliflower, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, or another favorite vegetable.
- I love the flavor and texture of whole grain mustard. However, if you don’t have any, you can substitute it with yellow, dijon, or spicy mustard in this recipe.
- Balsamic vinegar is the ingredient that really makes this recipe different from other honey mustard recipes. It adds sweet notes of molasses and fig to the recipe. If you don’t have balsamic vinegar, you could substitute it for a balsamic vinaigrette or 1 tbsp red wine vinegar mixed with ½ tsp sugar or honey for every tbsp you want to replace. This recipe calls for the equivalent of 4 tbsp.
- I kept the spices pretty simple in this recipe, but you could add some rosemary to change the flavor profile just enough to make this recipe feel new and fresh.
- Out of chicken stock? You can substitute vegetable stock or even water if needed!
Side Dish Ideas
Here are some other ideas of sides that would go well with this dish:
- Extra Veggies: If you’re trying to get additional servings of vegetables for the day, you can’t go wrong with this recipe for roasted carrots and turnips. If you want a low-carb option, try my easy three-ingredient mashed cauliflower recipe.
- Salad: Looking for a few fresh greens (and maybe fruit too)? Quickly together this maple dijon kale salad with apples to pair with the honey mustard chicken!
Frequently Asked Questions About This Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe
Here are some common questions I get asked by some readers…
Can I use chicken breasts for this recipe?
You could use chicken breasts in this dinner recipe. Just make sure to pound them out, so they cook more quickly. Be aware that they will take longer to cook than chicken tenders will.
You could also cut the breasts lengthwise so that they are closer to the size of chicken tenders.
Can I make this honey mustard chicken recipe ahead of time?
Yes! It tastes best fresh but does reheat well. If you know you have a busy week coming up, you can meal prep this recipe up to 3 days ahead of time.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
One Pan Honey Mustard Chicken and Broccolini
- Get in your Inbox
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. broccolini
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
Switch to prevent your screen from going dark.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.