I am tempted to call this kale salad magic since it is literally the first kale salad I have ever made (and there have been hundreds) that my husband ate without protest. He actually said it was good and went back for seconds.This never happens with kale salad, never.
So what makes it magical? I think it is a combination of the slightly sweet maple Dijon dressing which is massaged into the kale and red onions, combined with the crunch of the apples and cashews. But whatever it is, we will definitely be having it again.
Maple Dijon Kale Salad with Apples and Cashews
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 U bunches Lacinato kale (or curly kale)
- 1/2 U red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 U apple, sliced thin
- 1/8 cup cashews
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.