One Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken and Asparagus is a simple, healthy meal full of lemony chicken and asparagus that's Paleo and Whole30 friendly. Jump to Recipe
One Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken and Asparagus couldn't be easier to make and has so much flavor from the lemon, garlic, and white wine vinegar sauce.
I am majorly crushing on one pan meals these days. There is really nothing better than having a delicious meal and not having to worry about washing a million and one dishes afterwards. And this recipe for Lemon Garlic Chicken and Asparagus is packed with flavor and all made in the same pan - yay!
The chicken is lightly coated in flour, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. The flour makes sure the chicken gets brown and crispy on the outside. You can use almond flour or coconut flour if you are low carb, paleo, low carb, or gluten free. Then the asparagus, garlic, and a quick pan sauce of chicken broth and white wine vinegar bring everything together. Paired with some quinoa, brown rice, couscous, baked sweet potatoes, or spaghetti squash and you have a perfect meal in my opinion.
Here are tips and tricks for making this One Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken and Asparagus:
- Although buying chicken breast tenderloins is the easiest option, if whole chicken breasts are more affordable, just slice them into smaller strips so that they cook more quickly. Try to cut them so that they are uniform in size so that they all cook at the same time.
- Asparagus is my favorite veggie to use in this recipe but you could definitely use green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, or sugar snap peas if you prefer.
- Depending on thre flavor profiles you like, feel free to add some herbs or spices to the coating for the chicken. Thyme or Italian seasoning are delicious as is oregano and rosemary.
- Love shrimp? This dish is also delicious with shrimp instead of the chicken. Just don't add the shrimp until the last minute so that it doesn't overcook. It won't need to simmer for 5-10 minutes like the chicken.
Looking for other one pan meals?
- One Pan Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli
- Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms and Thyme
- One Pot Spinach and Tomato Pasta
- One Pan Sweet Potatoes & Chicken Sausage with Green Beans
- One Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Here are some of the tools I used when preparing this meal:
- One of the tools I use most often in my kitchen is this citrus juicer since I love adding fresh lemon and lime juice to my recipes. Plus it keeps out the seeds so you don't have to use your hands or a spoon to fish them out.
- I am in love with this pan that I used to prepare this dish but you could use any heavy bottomed pan or cast iron.
- I love all types of vinegar but the delicate flavors of white wine vinegar really work in this recipe. This is the one that I use and always have on hand.
One Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken and Asparagus
- crop_freeCook Mode
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 tbsp. flour (or almond flour for Paleo/Whole30/low carb)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 U lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 2 U cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Get IngredientsNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.