Overnight Oatmeal Smoothies with amazing flavors like carrot cake, strawberry cheesecake, chocolate peanut butter, and apple pie will be your new favorite breakfast!
These Oatmeal Smoothies will be your new favorite make ahead breakfast. Packed with whole grain rolled oats and fruit, these oat smoothies taste great and keep you full all morning.
When it comes to resolutions, I feel like there is a mile long list of things I would love to change. In an ideal world, I would work out more, use my phone less, eat more veggies, meditate … you get the idea. But year after year of swearing this will be the year everything changes, I don’t succeed. Basically, I am just setting myself up for failure. That’s why this year, I am trying something new.
Instead of making a hundred resolutions, I am going to commit to making some small changes to my routine that will help set me up for success. For me, that means starting first thing in the morning.
I don’t know about you, but my morning sets the tone for the rest for my day. If I start out my day out on the right foot, then my whole day goes more smoothly. A breakfast made with real ingredients leads to healthier choices all day. A few minutes of tech-free time to focus on gratitude change the way I approach challenges. Working out gives me more energy and always makes me feel more productive.
So this year I am getting out of my morning rut (i.e. hitting snooze at least 3 times and spending my first waking moments scrolling through social media), and jumping into something new. A fresh, energizing morning routine packed with nutritious food, happy brain space, some movement, and an earlier wake up time. Don’t worry, not too much earlier.
One of my biggest goals this year is to make a healthier breakfast made with real ingredients a priority. Lately, I have been in the bad habit of pushing through the morning on nothing but coffee and a few handfuls of cereal. This inevitably leads to a late morning caffeine crash. Not this year.
In order to make this happen, I need to plan in advance and have some options ready to go in the fridge. That’s where these overnight oat smoothies come in! They are prepped in advance with whole grain oats, yogurt, almond milk, chia seeds, flax seeds, fruit and even some veggies.
The amazing thing about these overnight oat smoothies is that when morning rolls around, you have the option to either eat them as overnight oats or toss them in a blender for an on-the-go smoothie that will actually keep you full all morning long, thanks to the oats and yogurt. Personally, I almost always go with the smoothie option, since it’s a portable meal I can drink on the go.
Below you will find the base recipe for these tasty Overnight Oat Smoothies! Once you make the base, add any of these delicious flavor combinations or create your own!
Four Oatmeal Smoothie Flavors
There are almost endless combinations when it comes to these smoothies. You can add virtually any combination of fruit, veggies, yogurt, milk, and spices. Here are some favorites:
- Add ½ cup grated carrots, ½ cup pineapple, ½ tsp. cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg
- Add ¾ cup strawberries, 1 tbsp cream cheese, extra sweetener to taste depending on the sweetness of your fruit
- Add ¾ cup cooked apples (or raw), 1 tbsp almond butter, ½ tsp. cinnamon
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana
- Add 1 chopped banana, 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tbsp. peanut butter. Optional: add 1 cup spinach
How to Prep Smoothies in Advance
These are great to have in the fridge ready to go in the morning. Then you can just dump everything into the blender for a quick smoothie. These can also be eaten as overnight oats if you decide you want something other than a smoothie one morning.
- Start by mixing together the oats, yogurt, almond milk, Stevia (or another sweetener), and any spices you are using. This can be done in a large batch if you are making multiple smoothies.
- Stir in the oats, chia seeds, and flax seeds.
- Add your add-ins. This could include fruits, veggies, nut butter, or anything else you would like in your smoothie. They can be fresh or frozen. Consider adding different fruit in each smoothie so you have different flavors every morning.
- Cover and store in the fridge for up to five days.
Four Overnight Oatmeal Smoothies
- Send to your inbox
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
Switch to prevent your screen from going dark.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.