Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Avocado Slaw are the ultimate warm weather meal packed with spicy shrimp, crunchy lime slaw, and creamy avocado all wrapped in a warm corn tortilla. Yum.
Have I told you before about my deep love of shrimp tacos? There is just nothing better than sweet shrimp tossed in smoky chipotle chili powder and packed into warm corn tortillas with crunchy, lime-y slaw and avocado. And the fact that I can make everything in under 20 minutes makes me love this meal even more. Especially as it gets warmer every night, I pretty much only want dinners like this. Something cool and crunchy and refreshing is the perfect remedy for a hot night.
Depending on what you are in the mood for, this recipe can be made with almost any fish or scallops as well. You can also blend the avocado, cilantro, and cumin with a touch of yogurt or sour cream if you prefer a creamy dressing for the slaw.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Avocado Slaw
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. shrimp
- 1 tsp. ancho chili powder (chipotle chili powder)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 U avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 U green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp. lime juice (or more)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 8 U corn tortillas
- Toss with shrimp with the chili powder, salt, paprika, oregano, and coriander. Toss together the coleslaw, cilantro, and green onions. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin, Add lime juice and gently massage with your hands to soften the cabbage. Add avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until pink and opaque. You can also grill the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Heat the tortillas on the grill or stove top. Stuff with shrimp and cilantro avocado slaw.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.