I absolutely love salsa of almost any kind and have started making my own at home because it just tastes so much better than the jarred kind you can buy in stores. This is a fairly traditional salsa verde but with the roasted tomatillos, jalapenos, onions, and garlic it adds a great smoky quality. This is also a salsa I love to jar and give out as gifts.
Roasted Salsa Verde
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.5 lbs tomatillos, husked and washed
- 1/2 U onion, quartered
- 3 U unpeeled garlic cloves
- 2 U jalapenos
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 U lime (more to taste)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.