These healthy and simple Salsa Verde Turkey Tacos have only five ingredients and make the perfect quick and easy dinner. Plus they are low carb, gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole30 friendly.
I am automatically drawn to anything that includes salsa verde. You can be assured that when I see it on a menu, I always order it and there are always at least a few jars of it in our pantry and fridge. The spice and the tang from the tomatillos just works. Plus it's usually mild, which means it's a salsa that can work for almost any palette.
Now let's talk about these tacos. Instead of reaching for a sodium packed taco seasoning pouch, let the salsa verde do the heavy lifting in this recipe. It adds all the flavor you need without all that extra salt. Pretty much any green salsa will work and you can decide on the level of spice you like. You can always add more heat with some chopped jalapenos for those who want it. Personally, I am partial to turkey for these tacos since it really soaks up all the salsa flavor but you could definitely use chicken or beef as well. And if you are thinking about meal prep, this taco filling is the perfect thing. It just gets more flavorful after few nights in the fridge and pairs great with rice and veggies for a homemade taco bowl.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Salsa Verde Turkey Tacos
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes until it begins to become tender. For a spicier version, you could also add a diced jalapeno in this step.
- Add the ground turkey, cumin, salt, and pepper Cook for 6-7 minutes until browned and cooked through, breaking it up as you go.
- Add the salsa verde and let simmer for at least 5 minutes.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.