This Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Beef is full of flavor and makes the perfect protein for lettuce wraps, rice bowls, and Asian inspired tacos.
Lately I have been slightly obsessed with all things sweet and spicy. On a daily basis, this means I am eating tons of Mexican style fruit cocktails with chili powder and all kinds of Mexican candy. The dried fruit with chili powder gets me pretty much every time. I have also been making lots of Asian dishes that contain chili paste, soy sauce, and sugar (or honey) since the combination of sweet, salty, and spicy is pretty much unbeatable.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy this flavor profile is using the slow cooker since the meat is able to really soak up all the flavors. Usually I make this with chicken, but I love making it with beef as well. The richness of the beef really works with this kind of sauce. I like to serve it with some quick pickled vegetables. All you have to do is combine rice vinegar and some sugar and add your veggies. Then after a few hours in the fridge, you have some delicious picked vegetables.
Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Beef
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs. lean beef eye round roast
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or honey or agave)
- 1/4 cup Asian garlic chili paste
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.