Chicken, homemade basil pesto, tomato, and mozzarella - yum. I would be happy eating this every night for dinner. Everything starts off with a healthy, lean, protein packed chicken breast. Then we add some delicious skinny homemade pesto that's full of fresh basil, lemon, Parmesan, and almonds. Finally, everything is topped off with some tomato slices and melted mozzarella. It's easy and always a crowd pleaser. I usually serve it with some Parmesan spaghetti squash for a yummy Italian meal with less than 400 calories.
Italian Pesto Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. almonds
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 U cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 U Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.