Creamy Stewed White Beans with Basil Pesto make a delicious and hearty vegetarian meal or side dish.
I love the combination of white beans and tomatoes, so when you throw some basil pesto into the mix and dinner is ready in under 15 minutes, I'm in. This dish is so incredibly simple to make and tastes out of this world. You can adapt it any way you like to make it work for you. Add some balsamic vinegar at the end, top it with some Parmesan cheese, throw in some spinach for greens, or even cook some eggs in the mixture like a shakshuka. So easy, so comforting, and so good.
Stewed Basil Pesto White Beans
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 20 oz. canned white beans
- 14 oz. canned diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 3 tbsp. store bought basil pesto
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.