This sweet and savory Slow Cooker Balsamic Beef Roast clocks in at only 225 calories and will quickly become a family favorite.
There are some meals that become family favorites the very first night you prepare them. This was one of those meals. Everyone loved it and we were fighting over the leftovers for lunch the next day. There is just something about this tender beef cooked in sweet and tangy balsamic vinegar, a touch of brown sugar, and a hint of heat from red pepper flakes that feels like a big warm hug. And whatever you do, don't forget to serve it with the leftover cooking liquid, or jus. You could even turn it into a gravy if you wanted something really special.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 lbs lean beef eye roast, trimmed (or top round roast)
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce (coconut aminos for Paleo)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (leave out for low carb/Paleo or honey)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 U cloves garlic, chopped
Add the beef to the slow cooker. Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the beef.
Cook on low for 8 hours. When ready, shred or slice and serve with the jus leftover in the slow cooker.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.