Sunday Slow Cooker: Pot Roast and Potatoes
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 3 lb extra lean eye of round beef roast
- 4 U carrots, chopped
- 2 lbs potatoes, chopped
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 3 U garlic cloves, whole
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme (optional)
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Whisk together the cornstarch and cold water in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Add the potatoes, carrots, onion, and garlic to the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
Season the beef with salt and pepper. Place over vegetables.
Pour Worcestershire over top and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Slice beef against the grain when ready to serve. Depending on the water content of the beef, the gravy at the bottom may be the right consistency. If not simmer it on the stove, add a bit of cornstarch if needed.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.