This Jalapeno Cheddar Burger is seriously good - like I want to eat five burgers good. It's packed with jalapenos, red onion, and cheddar cheese and full of flavor. It's my favorite burger to serve to anyone who claims you can't make a good burger with lean ground meat. It always changes their mind since these burgers are full of flavor and stay moist from the cheese.
In terms of the burger itself, you can play around with how much spice you like. I usually make it with one seeded and deveined jalapeno so its just a touch spicy and palatable for everyone. Then I top it with some grilled jalapenos to crank up the heat and get it nice and spicy for me.
Jalapeno Cheddar Burger
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs 95% lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped finely
- 1 U jalapeno, chopped finely (seeded for less heat)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.