Butternut Squash Fries baked in the oven until they are nice and crispy make a healthier alternative to traditional french fries.
For me, there can never enough options for simple oven fries. I love them all - from the classic oven baked or sweet potato fry to the green bean fry to the zucchini fry to the celery root fry. You get the idea. So in my quest to make all things into fries, I whipped up these simple squash fries few nights back and loved them. I used butternut squash but an acorn, kabocha, or delicata squash would work as well. From there, season them up with your favorite spices, and bake until crispy. I like the combination of smoky cumin and paprika with squash because its naturally sweet, but any spice combo will work.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Butternut Squash Fries
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the squash with the olive oil, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place in one layer on 1-2 baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray. The more space the fries have, the crispier they will be.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Shake the baking sheets and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Baking time will vary based on the thickness of the fries.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.