This Jalapeno Ranch dressing made Greek yogurt, fresh herbs, and jalapenos is easy to make and tastes seriously delicious. Makes a great salad dressing and dipping sauce. Jump to Recipe
This Jalapeno Ranch recipe is easy to make, creamy, and seriously delicious. Made simply with under 10 ingredients, this flavorful dish makes the perfect dip, sauce, or dressing for any savory meal.
I don’t know about you, but my family goes absolutely nuts for a good dipping sauce. It’s such a fun and simple way to upgrade a dish, but the store-bought bottles tend to be loaded with unhealthy fats, preservatives, sugar, and artificial ingredients. Making your own sauces at home is way easier than many people realize and can be a much healthier and more cost-efficient alternative.
Sauces like this Jalapeno Ranch are incredibly versatile, so you can use them in a ton of different ways. I’ve enjoyed this recipe as a dip for fries and chicken tenders, a dressing for salads, and a sauce to drizzle over tacos or spread onto wraps. I’m only a little embarrassed about how completely addicting this sauce is, but you’ll figure that out for yourself soon enough.
This recipe packs a ton of zesty and tangy flavors, with just the right amount of heat. Whether you’re in need of the perfect dipping sauce to pair with appetizers or a delicious new dressing for your favorite salads, I guarantee you’re going to love this recipe just as much as my family does. And just in case you are curious, we also have this classic ranch dressing - lightened up!
This recipe comes together in just a few minutes with under 10 ingredients, many of which you may already have at home. The key ingredients you will need for this tasty dip include:
- Olive oil: This ingredient works with the yogurt to create the perfect creamy texture and is loaded with heart-healthy fats. Make sure to use a high-quality extra virgin olive oil to yield the best-tasting results.
- White vinegar: The acidity in the vinegar adds a delicious tanginess and brightens up the rest of the flavors in the dish.
- Jalapeno: The star of the show, a de-seeded jalapeno adds just enough heat to spice up the dish without it being overwhelming.
- Herbs: We use fresh cilantro, fresh parsley, and dried dill in this dish. Not only do these herbs add a ton of bold flavor and a beautiful pop of color, but they also help to brighten up the rest of the flavors.
- Garlic: I love the bite of fresh garlic, but you can also use garlic powder if you don’t have any on hand.
Recipe and Substitution Tips
These are some of my favorite serving styles and substitutions for this dish:
- For the best results, I recommend storing this dish in the fridge for at least an hour before serving so the flavors can come together.
- If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can substitute it for garlic powder instead.
- If you prefer a little more heat, leave the seeds in the jalapeno before combining everything in the food processor.
- For some bright citrus-y flavors, add in some freshly squeezed lime juice.
- To thin out the sauce into a dressing, add a little water or lime juice until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- If you don’t have any white vinegar at home, you can substitute this ingredient for lime juice, lemon juice, or apple cider vinegar.
- I prefer to use Greek yogurt in this recipe, but you can swap this out for sour cream or a combination of yogurt and sour cream if you prefer.
- This recipe can be made vegan by using a dairy-free yogurt, vegan mayonnaise, or a combination of the two.
What to Serve With Jalapeno Ranch
This sauce is super versatile and can be eaten with a wide range of foods. These are a few of my favorite foods to pair with this Jalapeno Ranch recipe:
- Buddha bowls
- Grilled or fried chicken tenders
- Raw or roasted vegetables
- Pasta salad
- Tacos and fajitas
- Taquitos and quesadillas
- Baked tortilla chips
- Sandwiches and wraps
How to Store This Dish
This dish can be stored in an airtight container, preferably a jar if you have one, in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. I don’t recommend freezing it, as dairy tends to separate when frozen. This means that when thawed out, the sauce will turn clumpy and runny, rather than creamy and delicious. To yield the best results, stick to keeping the sauce in the fridge and making more as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about this vibrant dish:
Is this dish healthy?
Yes! By making a homemade version of ranch sauce instead of buying the store-bought kind, you can avoid all of the unhealthy fats and artificial ingredients often found in the bottled versions. This recipe also uses Greek yogurt as the base instead of buttermilk or mayonnaise, which adds a ton of protein and beneficial probiotics.
How long will homemade spicy ranch dressing last?
This recipe will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 4-6 days, as long as it’s stored in an airtight container.
Is this dish super spicy?
Not at all. Without the seeds, the jalapeno adds just a small amount of heat to the dish. If you prefer more of a kick, you can keep the seeds in and/or add a pinch of cayenne pepper. If you prefer less heat, you can add half of a jalapeno instead of a whole one.
Can you freeze jalapeno ranch?
No. Because this sauce is dairy-based, I don’t recommend storing it in the freezer. That being said, it only takes a few minutes to whip up a new batch!
More Healthy Dressing Recipes
Like this recipe? You’ll love these!
Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 1.25 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 U garlic clove
- 1 U jalapeno, seeded and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (or basil)
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Get IngredientsNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.