Delicious Turkey BLT Wraps make a delicious five minute lunch with crispy bacon, deli turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, and a simple tasty spread.
A turkey BLT wrap is the perfect healthy yet satisfying lunch. You only need a handful of ingredients to put it together. During a busy day, this is a great way to get a healthy meal in!
I love making wraps for lunch because they’re easy to assemble. I usually always have a few key condiments in my fridge. I include deli items in my weekly grocery shop to stay stocked for the week ahead. Whenever I’ve got a day with a long to do list, I can always set aside a few minutes to prep a turkey BLT wrap.
Turkey BLT wraps are nourishing and tasty. You start with your favorite healthy tortilla. Fill it with fresh deli turkey, crispy turkey bacon, veggies, and condiments. Roll it and enjoy!
This wrap is satisfying and good for you. It’s got lean protein, healthy veggies, and a low carb tortilla – everything you need to keep you going for the day! You’ll love this energizing turkey BLT wrap.
Key Ingredients for Turkey BLT Wraps
These wraps are so easy to make and only require a handful of ingredients! Here are some of the key ingredients you’ll need:
- Whole Wheat or Low Carb Tortilla: There are so many tortilla options on the market these days. You can use your favorite healthy variety!
- Low Fat Mayonnaise: It’s creamy without the extra calories.
- Dijon Mustard: It offers nice sharp, tangy notes to take this dish to the next level.
- Deli Turkey: Go for freshly shaved turkey from the deli counter for the best flavor.
- Turkey Bacon: Get it nice and crisp for flavor and texture. You can even make the turkey bacon in advance so it’s always ready for your wraps. It keeps for 5 days after it’s cooked!
- Fillings: Avocado adds a nice healthy creaminess to the dish. I also like to add classic ingredients like tomato, cucumber, sprouts, and lettuce for added nutritional value.
Note: For a full list of ingredients and detailed instructions on how to make this dish, scroll to the bottom!
Recipe Tips And Ideas
This recipe is simple, healthy, and delicious. Here are a few tips to keep in mind to nail this dish:
- Mix the mayo and mustard together before spreading onto the tortilla, so they’re nicely combined for a perfectly creamy and tangy note in every bite.
- I add avocado, tomato, cucumber, sprouts, and lettuce for lots of freshness in my wrap. You can play with this combination and use what you have in your fridge!
- Try adding some fresh herbs if you have any available. Basil, parsley, or chives would all be lovely in this wrap. They add flavor without adding calories.
- Make sure the bacon comes out perfectly crisp! Here's how to cook turkey bacon in the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions About Turkey Wraps
Here are some answers to questions that may have popped into your mind!
How do I keep my wraps from getting soggy?
To prevent your wraps from getting soggy, there are a few tips to keep in mind.
Firstly, when you assemble your wrap, try to protect the tortilla from watery components. For example, place a lettuce leaf over your tomato. The lettuce offers a layer of protection.
Secondly, make sure your veggies are completely dry when you assemble your wrap. If your lettuce is still wet, it can cause the tortilla to turn soggy.
Finally, enjoy your wrap fresh. Eat your wrap right away for the best results.
How do you wrap a tortilla?
You can wrap your turkey BLT just as you would a burrito. Place the filling in the middle of the tortilla. Fold in the sides. Fold the bottom flap over the filling and roll. That’s it!
How do you warm up a wrap?
You have a few options if you’d like to enjoy this wrap warm.
You could warm up just the tortilla in the microwave covered with paper towel. Zap it for 15 to 30 seconds. You could also warm up your tortilla in the oven. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and heat for about 10 to 20 minutes at 350°F. Then fill, roll, and enjoy.
You could also heat up your filled turkey BLT wrap. If you have an electric grill, brush it lightly with some oil. Place your wrap onto the grill and remove once you’ve got grill marks.
If you do not have an electric grill, heat your wrap on a pan lightly greased with oil. Heat on high for a couple of minutes, then flip. Leave on the pan for another minute or two. Slice in half and enjoy!
How do you store a turkey BLT wrap?
If you are making your turkey BLT wrap ahead of time, you should wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Keep it whole. Unwrap and slice when you’re ready to enjoy. Keep it in the fridge.
How long do turkey wraps keep in the fridge?
Properly stored turkey BLT wraps keep in the fridge for about a day. You could make your sandwich a night in advance or the morning of. However, for optimal results, it is not suggested that you make it too far in advance. It’s best if your turkey BLT wrap is as fresh as possible.
More Healthy Lunch Recipes You’ll Love:
Turkey BLT Wraps
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.