I am obsessed with this cilantro lime marinade. It's really more like a chimichurri or pesto and it is so so good. We literally drizzled it over everything on our plates and I made an extra batch in the morning so we would have it in the house. My friends have also starting calling it that magic green sauce and have been asking for it on the regular. I mean what's not to like about cilantro, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, and just a hint of sweetness and a hint of spice. Unless you are one of those people who think cilantro tastes like soap, then this may not be for you. By the way, I don't understand you at all, I LOVE cilantro.
Now let's talk about the chicken. It's really just a delivery vehicle for the amazing sauce, but it's a really good one. The chicken gets super tender from the lime juice and is packed with flavor. You can use breasts, thighs, or a combination of both. I prefer cooking it on the grill to add some smokiness, but you could also cook this in a skillet or bake it in the oven. And definitely make extras - it makes a killer chicken salad.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar (leave out for low carb/Paleo/Whole30)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Cut the chicken into thick strips.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, water, brown sugar, salt, pepper, cumin, and red pepper flakes to a food processor or blender. Pulse until combined. Set half the sauce aside and marinate the chicken in remaining sauce for at least one hour.
- When ready to grill, remove the chicken from marinade letting excess drip off. Grill for 4-6 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Drizzle remaining sauce on the chicken and serve.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.