This Grilled Soy Ginger Chicken with Mango Salsa is packed with flavor and makes a delicious and healthy meal that you will make again and again.
I absolutely love teriyaki chicken but hate the amount of sugar that is packed into most teriyaki marinades and sauces. Many have over two tablespoons of sugar per serving along with lots of unnecessary additives. So I have been working on a cleaned up, lighter version of teriyaki chicken and have fallen in love with this simple marinated grilled soy ginger chicken recipe topped with a yummy mango salsa. The orange juice and mango salsa add plenty of sweetness without any added sugars and the soy, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil pack in the umami flavors you expect in a good teriyaki sauce. It's easy, delicious, and perfect for these hot summer days.
If you don't like mango, just use pineapple juice and make a pineapple salsa instead. Personally I love, love, love it but I know some people aren't too crazy about it.
Grilled Soy Ginger Chicken with Mango Salsa
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 U mango, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 U lime, juice only
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.