I am a sucker for Greek flavors and almost always order anything if there is feta cheese involved. So when I saw this idea on Cooking Classy I couldn't wait to try it. The chicken is marinated in a combination of yogurt, olive oil, lemon, oregano, thyme, basil, and dill which gives it a ton of flavor. I like things spicy so I usually add some red pepper flakes as well. Then after it's had time to marinate and soak up all the flavors, it takes a quick trip to the grill. Usually I like to pair this with a big Greek salad but its delicious with rice, grilled veggies, or wrapped up in pita bread for a healthy sandwich.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Grilled Greek Chicken Thighs
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1.33 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 U lemon, juice and zest
- 3 U cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add the olive oil, yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and all the spices to a Ziploc bag or container. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Marinate for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- When ready to eat, remove chicken from the marinade allowing the excess to drip off. Grill over medium high heat for about 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.