Every once in awhile things line up just right. Sometimes its big life things and sometimes its little things like this lunch. I was sitting at my desk last week trying to finish some email and distracting myself with thoughts of lunch. My stomach was growling and I knew I had nothing in the house. I was already envisioning some weird, mish-mash creation that undoubtedly involved the canned beans that are always in my pantry. And then I saw this recipe for crunchy cabbage tuna salad and mentally cheered since I had everything on hand. I lightened up the tuna salad with nonfat yogurt and light sour cream, which I prefer to mayonnaise. And the cabbage is a brilliant idea for adding volume and crunch. It’s perfect, especially with the addition of a thinly sliced jalapeno and green apple if you are feeling frisky.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 5 oz. can white tuna, packed in water
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 U green onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp. nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. light sour cream
- 1 tsp. whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.