Healthier Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 U onion, chopped
- 1 U carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 U celery rib, chopped
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 20 oz. frozen broccoli florets
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup canned evaporated nonfat milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper
Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until tender.
Add the broccoli and broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until broccoli is tender.
Turn off the heat and stir in the milk and cheese. Stir continuously until cheese melts. Blend half of the soup and add it back to the pot. This creates a creamier consistency.
Season with salt and pepper.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.