Needing something on the go? Make this egg white breakfast sandwich make your mornings simpler! Fill it with extra veggies and healthy fats, like fresh tomato and avocado, for a nutritious way to start your day.
I love a good breakfast sandwich! Growing up, my mom would keep the freezer stocked because our mornings were always go, go, go. And, as much as I love those sammies, they really aren't that great for you- which is why I came up with my own!
This is a savory and filling meal with fewer than 400 calories. In fact, it looks and tastes just like the Panera Power Breakfast Sandwich. It's a super versatile sandwich, too! You can make it with a:
- Bagel thin
- Sprouted bread
- Light English muffin
- Sandwich thin
- And, more!
I used a wrap before and made it a portable sandwich! Just add some tomato, fresh baby spinach, avocado, and your favorite cheese with some cooked egg whites. You are going to love this easy, filling, and nutritious breakfast sandwich (or wrap). Breakafst sandwich lovers should also try these Freezer Breakfast Burritos.
What You’ll Need
There are lots of ways that you can get creative with this sandwich. However, if you keep it simple, you'll keep the calorie count lower. Here's what I used:
- Egg Whites: I'll share my easy recipe for making egg whites in the microwave. If you use an entire egg, there will be more calories in the sandwich.
- Wrap: Any type of low-calorie wrap, muffin, bagel, or bread will be perfect for this sandwich.
- Tomato: Slice the tomato nice and thin so that it's easier to eat.
- Spinach Leaves: Baby spinach will taste the best, but you can also use arugula or Romaine hearts in this sandwich.
- Avocado: This gives the breakfast wrap healthy fats that help you feel full between meals.
- Mozzarella: Your favorite type of cheese is perfect on this sandwich. I used mozzarella, but you can use cheddar, provolone, swiss, or even Monterey jack.
Recipe Tips And Ideas For Egg White Breakfast Wrap
Follow these tips to make sure that this breakfast sandwich turns out delicious every single time!
- Add some extra protein with some turkey bacon, smoked salmon, breakfast sausage, or deli ham.
- Sprinkle 'Everything But The Bagel Seasoning' on the avocado before adding it to your sandwich. This will add a more salty taste to it - without more calories.
- Splash a little bit of hot sauce on the egg whites if you like things spicy.
What To Serve With This Breakfast Sandwich
It's a very filling breakfast, especially with the avocado and the muffin or wrap, so you won't need to eat much with it. My favorite type of breakfast is this sandwich with a cup of coffee and some fresh fruit. You could even try it with this yogurt bowl on the side.
If you cut the sandwich in half, then you'll have enough appetite for some bacon or sausage. You could also eat half a sandwich along with a sweet orange creamsicle smoothie. That combo will give you a good burst of energy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some questions I frequently get asked about by some readers…
How do you ripen an avocado faster?
I know the struggle of buying an avocado that isn't quite ripe yet - what do you do? You can speed up the ripening process by placing the avocado in a brown paper bag with either a banana or an apple. As the banana and apple become softer, it will force the avocado to ripen quickly.
Can I toast this sandwich?
Yes, there are a few different ways you can make this a toasted egg white breakfast sandwich. If you have a toaster oven, place it open-faced on a tray and heat it in the toaster oven until the cheese melts.
You can also toast it in an air fryer. Just form the sandwich like normal (not open-faced) and place it in the air fryer basket. Heat it at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes. Check it at 5 minutes.
Of course, you can also just broil it in your oven. Place it open-faced on a baking sheet and broil it on low for about 10 minutes.
What else can I do with egg whites?
Can I use an entire egg and not just the egg whites?
Yes, you can definitely make this with an entire egg. It won't taste much different. It will just have more calories and a different nutrition profile.
Are egg whites healthy?
Yes, egg whites are really good for you. They are low in calories and cholesterol but high in protein. Lots of people love to eat them as a part of their weight loss journey.
More Delicious Breakfast Egg You’ll Love:
Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 2 egg whites
- 1 low carb wrap (or tortilla or other bread)
- 1/4 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tbsp. part skim shredded mozzarella
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.