This Lemon and Garlic Broccoli Pasta couldn't get any easier. It is ready in about 15 minutes and you probably already have everything you need to make it at home. Just start by boiling some pasta and adding the broccoli during the last few minutes of cooking. Then while the pasta does its thing, make a quick sauce using butter, olive oil, garlic, and lemon zest. Toss that with the pasta and broccoli and add some Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Dinner is served.
Lemon and Garlic Broccoli Pasta
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 oz. penne pasta (regular or whole wheat)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 U cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 U lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Parmesan
- 1 U Salt and fresh pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and Italian seasoning. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Stir in pasta, broccoli, and Parmesan cheese. Add the pasta water a few tablespoons at a time, stirring until a thin sauce forms. Season well with salt and freshly cracked pepper. Serve with extra fresh lemon juice, Parmesan, and fresh herbs if desired.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.