Two of my favorite ingredients, bacon and Brussels sprouts, all wrapped up in one hearty pasta dish - yum!& I originally saw this recipe in the New York Times and couldn't wait to try it. It seemed like the perfect comforting dish to start the week and give us something to look forward to after a long Monday.
To lighten things up, I decided to use less pasta (the original recipe used a pretty large serving), but kept the same amount of veggies to pack in some extra nutrients. I also used bacon instead of pancetta, draining off most of the fat, and added some vegetable broth to create more of a sauce. We absolutely loved it and will definitely be adding it to the rotation for dinners.
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 oz. high fiber pasta
- 4 U slices bacon
- 6 U garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 U lemon
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.