This One Pan Mustard Roasted Sausages, Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts dish couldn't be easier plus it is clean eating, gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole30 friendly.
It would be really hard for these ingredients not to taste good together. I mean it's a pan full of crispy roasted potatoes coated in mustard, caramelized Brussels sprouts, and sausage.
The last couple weeks have been really busy for us and normally this has me reaching for take-out. But since we committed to eating at home more this month, I have been looking for easy dishes that I can throw together in a few minutes and have always have a deep love of one pan dishes that require minimal clean up. This recipe does take a little longer while it cooks, but since I can take care of other things while it cooks, I don't mind waiting for it to be done. Plus the outcome is definitely worth it. My husband and I almost killed an entire tray, meant for 4, after a particularly long day and tough work out.
In terms of personalizing this dish, start by choosing your favorite chicken or turkey sausages. I almost always choose the spicy sausages, but I actually really love a good chicken apple sausage in this recipe. From there you can choose your starchy veggie - white potatoes, sweet potatoes, or even butternut squash would all be delicious. (Just note the squash won't need quite as long to cook). Lastly, you could swap out the Brussels sprouts for cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, bok choy, asparagus, or green beans. Again just watch the cooking time since some of these veggies cook more quickly then others. To finish things off, you could add some balsamic vinegar, a drizzle of olive oil, or some fresh lemon juice.
Looking for other one dish sausage meals? Here are some of my favorites: Roasted Italian Sausages with Potatoes, Peppers, and Onions, One Pan Sausage, Butternut Squash, and Green Beans, Andouille Sausage, Kale, and Root Vegetable Bake, or this One Pan Sausage, Tomatoes, and Zucchini.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
One Pan Mustard Roasted Sausages, Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together half of the olive oil with the mustard, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss the potatoes with that mixture and spread out on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes, shaking the pan 1-2 times.
- Remove the sheet pan and push the potatoes to one side. Toss the Brussels sprouts with remaining olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add to the sheet pan along with the chicken sausage. Try to spread the Brussels sprouts out as much as possible. This will help them to roast rather than steam. If needed you could even use another baking sheet.
- Turn the oven up to 475 and place the sheet pan back in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes, shaking pan once, or until Brussels sprouts are tender and cooked through.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.