videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Sausage and Pepper Pasta Shells
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 8 oz high fiber pasta shells
- 3/4 lb lean turkey sausage
- 1 U green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 U sweet onion, sliced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 14.5 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes, canned
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped or torn
- Salt and pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, add the sausage to a skillet over medium high heat. Brown until no longer pink. Remove sausage and set aside.
Add the peppers, onions, and mushrooms to the same skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes until tender, adding 1-2 tbsp. of water if it begins to burn.
Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes with the juice and pasta. Let cook for 1-2 minutes until everything is heated through.
Top with basil.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.