Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 U garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 U jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (vegetable broth)
- 1 U bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
Chop the cauliflower and add it to a food processor. Pulse until small and rice like. This may take a few rounds depending on the size of your food processor.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes until it begins to soften. Add the garlic, carrots, and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes more until carrots begin to soften.
Stir in the tomato paste.
Stir in the cauliflower rice.
Add the chicken broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and cauliflower is soft.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.