The easy Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice is a delicious low carb and keto friendly Chinese inspired meal. Ready in less than 20 minutes and tastes as good as the traditional version.
Low carb and keto friendly cauliflower fried rice made with ground pork. This easy Chinese dish comes together in less than 20 minutes and has all the flavor of your favorite fried rice.
We are pretty obsessed with cauliflower rice and frying it, Chinese takeout style, is one of our favorite preparations. That's why we have created all kinds of options including this traditional one, a shrimp option, and even a version with tofu. Today we have what might be my favorite version yet though using lean ground pork.
The thing that works so well about this recipe is that the ground pork adds flavor to the entire dish. Since the cauliflower and veggies cook in the fat from the ground pork, the whole dish gets all that flavor without the need to add lots of extra oil or fat like traditional fried rice.
Additionally, you can now buy 90% or 95% lean ground pork, which makes it easy to keep this dish light and healthy.
Now when it comes to making cauliflower fried rice, think about this recipe as a blueprint. You can make it with different veggies, you can add spices, make it with or without eggs, or bulk it up with cooked brown rice or quinoa. The options are endless. Plus it will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days and can be frozen, making this great for meal prep. Ground pork also works great in this Healthy Fried Rice for a more traditional option with rice.
How to make cauliflower fried rice?
Making cauliflower fried rice can feel intimidating but it can be very easy, especially if you start with pre-made cauliflower rice. Here's what to do.
- Make or buy your cauliflower rice: If you are making your rice, start by chopping the cauliflower into smaller pieces. Add them to the food processor and pulse into rice-like pieces. You may have to do this in batches. You can also start with defrosted frozen cauliflower rice, shelf-stable cauliflower rice, or leftover rice.
- Cook the protein: Start by cooking the protein in sesame oil or another oil of your choice. If you are cooking a protein that doesn't easily overcook, like ground pork, you can leave it in the pan. If you are using a protein that will overcook, like shrimp or chicken, then remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Build flavor: Next you want to create a flavor base for the rice with sauteed carrots, green onions, cabbage, ginger, and garlic. You could also add Chiese 5 spice powder, Sriracha, or curry paste to create more flavor.
- Fry the rice: Now add your cauliflower rice and press it into the pan so that it browns. Do not stir it right away, really let it fry and brown in the pan. Then stir and repeat.
- Season: Now add the soy sauce or coconut aminos to season the rice. Start with a small amount and add more as needed.
How long does cauliflower rice last?
Cauliflower rice will last 4-5 days in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container. It can be reheated in a skillet or the microwave. If it appears dry, add a splash of water before reheating to add moisture to the rice.
Can this be frozen?
Pork fried rice with cauliflower can be frozen and stored for a future meal. Let the rice fully cool and then store in an airtight container or bag. Let defrost overnight and reheat in a skillet for best results. You can also cook directly from frozen in a skillet.
Recipe Ideas and Tips
- Use sausage: For even more flavor, make this dish with ground pork sausage instead of plain ground pork.
- Swap in diced ham or bacon: If you prefer a different pork option, you could substitute in diced ham or even bacon. Look for center cut bacon for the leanest option.
- Make it spicy: Add Sriracha, sambal olek, or Asian chili peppers for a spicy fried rice.
- Make it with leftover cooked pork: If you have some leftover cooked pork tenderloin, pork chops, or shredded pork - they will all work in the recipe.
- Bulk it up: If you want a more filling option and aren't watching carbohydrates, you can add some cooked rice or quinoa to bulk up the rice.
- Add more veggies: Feel free to add extra veggies to the dish. Popular options include peas, edamame, asparagus, and sugar snap peas.
What to serve with Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice?
Although this can easily serve as a full meal, you may want to serve it as a side dish. Here are some ideas for what to serve with this fried rice.
Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb 95% lean ground pork
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (adjust to taste, or coconut aminos for Whole30/Paleo)
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.