The Best Skinny Ranch made with Greek yogurt, fresh herbs, and lemon juice has all the flavor of your favorite ranch without all the calories. It takes just a few minutes to throw together and tastes amazing.
The Best Skinny Ranch will make all your ranch dressing dreams come true without the guilt. This healthier, homemade ranch has just 36 calories (1 Weight Watchers SmartPoints) with ingredients that are natural and good for you.
I have a little bit of a love hate relationship with ranch. Sometimes I love it and can’t get enough and sometimes, depending on the brand, I hate it and find it too sweet and fake tasting. And light and diet ranch - I pretty much never like them. That was until I came across a basic ranch recipe, made a few minor tweeks, and found a skinny ranch I LOVE. Full of fresh herbs and lemon, it tastes great and is perfect for just about anything. The dressing is not as thick as typical ranch, which I actually like. If you want it a little thicker, substitute 1/4 cup light mayo for 1/4 cup of the buttermilk and you will get a thicker dressing.
You can serve this in all the traditional ways. Toss it with your favorite salad, dip in some fresh cut crudite, or make some buffalo chicken and douse it with this skinny ranch. It tastes good on everything. Personally, I love having a container ready in the fridge. I find I always eat more veggies when its around.
Here are some tips for making the Best Skinny Ranch
- This healthier ranch is on the thinner side and perfect for drizzling. However if you want a thicker ranch, you can substitute light mayo, light sour cream, or more Greek yogurt for some of the buttermilk.
- Depending on your dietary needs, you can make a richer version by using full fat yogurt and sour cream.
- If the garlic flavor is too strong with the raw garlic, use either roasted garlic or garlic powder instead. You can also add in some onion powder for extra flavor.
- For a spicy version, add in some chipotle peppers in adobo or Sriracha. You can also make a buffalo version by adding in some buffalo sauce.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
The Best Skinny Ranch
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Mix together all the ingredients well. Refrigerate for at least one hour. Enjoy with just about anything.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.