Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with garlic and olive oil is a healthy side dish that will make anyone fall in love with broccoli. It has just 93 calories and 2 Weight Watchers Smartpoints per serving.
Easy and delicious Parmesan Roasted Broccoli that makes a great side dish for virtually any meal. You'll be shocked at how good broccoli can taste when it is roasted and coated in a little Parmesan cheese.
This is the broccoli recipe I make for people who say they don't like broccoli. Turns out most of them have never had delicious, nutty, roasted broccoli. It truly is a completely different vegetable when its roasted and has so much more flavor than when it is steamed. This version takes simple roasted broccoli made with olive oil, salt, and pepper to another level. Toasted garlic, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice is the trifecta of flavor. So good, so easy, and the way to make anyone love broccoli.
We also can't talk about this recipe without talking about the crispy roasted garlic slices. They are heaven. Each little slice of garlic gets toasty and brown and seriously yummy. There is a fight for the last one every time I serve this simple side dish. Since we love the garlic so much, I usually add at least two cloves, sometimes more.
Ways to Customize this Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Consider this recipe a blueprint for roasting all kinds of veggies this way. Just adjust the cooking time depending on the vegetable. I have made this basic recipe with cauliflower, asparagus. zucchini, Brussels sprouts, and kale. It comes out amazing every time.
- Although I used Parmesan cheese since I always have it on hand, you could try out all different cheeses. An aged gouda would add even more nuttiness to the recipe. Crumbled goat cheese or feta would be super yummy. A mild mozzarella or cheddar may be best for kiddos.
- Although your first instinct is to serve this as a side dish, it is also great for meal prep. I love throwing roasted broccoli in salads, wraps, and quesadillas. I also pair it with eggs all the time to get some greens in at the start of the day.
- Consider adding some heat with red pepper flakes. Just toss the broccoli with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes before roasting. You could add other spices here as well.
- To pack in even more lemon flavor, toss the broccoli with lemon zest before baking.
Main Dishes to Serve with this Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the broccoli with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15-17 minutes until broccoli is tender and beginning to brown on the edges. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for 5-7 minutes until browned.
- Serve with fresh lemon juice.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.