This lightened up version of Chicken Saltimbocca has all the flavor of the traditional recipe without the fat and calories and it's incredibly tasty.
Lightened Up Chicken Saltimbocca brings together chicken, lemon, and prosciutto, which is always a good thing. This quick and easy dinner may just be my new favorite meal, especially because it feels fancy and tastes like something you would get at a restaurant. Did I mention it is ready in under 20 minutes? This is the best kind of weeknight meal in my opinion. Full of flavor, easy to preapre, and something everyone will love. It would also make an incredible meal for a special occasion of date night since it feels special. Prosciutto just does that I think.
Speaking of prosciutto, it's something I often wrote off in the past since it unfortunately pretty high when it comes to fat and sodium. However I have recently starting using it sparingly in recipes and it adds so much flavor. It's a lot like bacon, but I find it's a bit lighter. You also don't need that much of it to really pull in a lot of flavor.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Lightened Up Chicken Saltimbocca
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Be careful about the salt since prosciutto is already salty.
- Top each piece of chicken with 2-3 sage leaves and wrap in two pieces of prosciutto.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and tent with foil to keep warm.
- While the chicken is cooking, stir together the chicken broth, lemon juice, and cornstarch. After the chicken is cooked and set aside, add this to the pan. Scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan and bring to a boil. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Serve drizzled over the chicken.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.