One of my favorite summer side dishes is grilled vegetables. You just can’t beat the fresh taste of delicious summer produce combined with the smoky, slightly charred taste from grilling. While you can grill almost any veggies, I find it easiest to use a grill basket and choose veggies that cook in about the same amount of time. That way you don’t have to worry about the timing of each vegetable or losing half the veggies through the grill grates. You can also use heavy duty aluminum foil but I find I get the best flavor with a basket. Usually I like to season my veggies with olive oil, lemon juice, and Italian seasoning but any spice mix will work.
Grilled Summer Vegetables
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 U zucchini, cut into half moons
- 2 U summer squash, cut into half moons
- 1 U red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 U red pepper (or other variety)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning (or more)
- Salt and pepper
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
Toss the vegetables with the olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Place in a grill basket or on a large piece of heavy aluminum foil.
Grill for 15-20 minutes, shaking/stirring often or until fully cooked.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.