This 10-minute Lemon Paprika Chicken is made with just six simple ingredients! This easy chicken thigh recipe is great for quick weeknight dinners and meal prep. Make it on the grill or under the broiler.
This is an incredibly easy and affordable weeknight dinner solution. Boneless skinless chicken thighs marinated in a delicious combination of smoky paprika, lemon, thyme, and garlic. It can be cooked on the grill or under the broiler and is ready in just 10 minutes. It couldn’t get much simpler!
These easy lemon paprika chicken thighs are also extremely versatile. Serve them right off the grill with some grilled green beans and cilantro brown rice. Make a double batch and use leftovers to make a smoky chicken salad with greens. It even works for tacos with the smoky flavors. Just add corn tortillas, avocado, and pico de gallo.
It’s also low carb, Paleo, gluten-free, and clean eating friendly. This makes it a winning dish for lots of different diets.
Ingredients and Swaps
- Chicken Thighs: For quick and easy chicken, boneless skinless chicken thighs are an excellent option. They come out juicy and moist every time. They are also affordable. With that said, this recipe and marinade work for chicken breasts, drumsticks, and bone-in chicken.
- Lemon: Lemon helps tenderize the chicken and also adds flavor. Fresh lemon juice is always best. Add lemon zest as well for even more lemon flavor.
- Smoked Paprika: Smoked paprika is slightly sweet, slightly smoky, and full of flavor. If you don't love smoky flavors, swap in sweet paprika.
- Garlic: This aromatic complements the flavors in the smoked paprika. Garlic powder can be used as well.
- Dried thyme: Thyme pairs really well with smoked paprika, like in blackening seasoning. Dried oregano, basil, or rosemary could be used as well.
Side Dishes for Lemon Paprika Chicken
This chicken dish works with all kinds of side dishes since the flavors are fairly neutral. Here are some favorites:
- During the summer months when I cook this chicken on the grill, I love making my side dishes on the grill as well. Serve it with some grilled corn, grilled broccoli, or grilled potatoes.
- For something light and fresh, serve this with a salad like this Arugula Salad, Corn Salad, or Cucumber Salad.
- Serve this with some delicious rice or grains. For a really quick meal, use microwave brown rice or quinoa.
- Make some roasted vegetables on the side like these crispy balsamic brussels sprouts or honey roasted baby carrots.
How long to marinate chicken thighs?
If you are short on time, this marinade will impart lots of flavor in just 30 minutes since it has lemon juice. For more flavor, leave it marinating for 2-4 hours. If needed, this can be marinated for up to 2 days in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answers to the most common questions about making these paprika chicken thighs.
This recipe works great with chicken breast as well. It will come out best if you pound the chicken thighs into a uniform thickness, about 3/4-1 inch thick each. Chicken breasts cook quickly, so make sure not to overcook them.
Chicken thighs need to be cooked to at least 165 degrees. Let them rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Tent them with foil to keep them warm.
Smoked paprika, sometimes called pimenton or Spanish paprika, is made from smoked peppers. This gives it its smoky flavor, but it still has some sweet notes from the peppers. It doesn't usually have a spicy flavor. It is a deep red color.
Lemon Paprika Chicken Thighs
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 1.33 lbs. skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.