This Easy Corn Salad is the perfect light side dish with fresh corn, crunchy cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and basil. It's tossed with an apple cider vinaigrette for a salad you will make again and again.
Corn Salad is a vibrant and flavorful dish loaded with fresh corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, and fresh basil, all tossed in a simple homemade vinaigrette. Perfect for the summertime, serve this tasty dish at your next family dinner or backyard barbecue.
I try to stick to seasonal produce as often as I can, as that’s the best way to find the freshest-tasting and most affordable foods. When the summertime hits, corn season comes with it, so I find myself making all sorts of healthy corn dishes. From refreshing dips like Corn Salsa to savory meals like Spicy Chicken and Corn Tacos, my family simply can’t get enough of this delicious veggie.
If you’re looking for a dish that is incredibly easy to make, packed with nutrients, and bursting with fresh flavors, this is the one. This Easy Corn Salad is a staple in my home during the summer months when corn is in season. I’ve served it at family dinners, pool parties, neighborhood potlucks, and barbecues; and it’s been a crowd-pleaser every time. It tends to go quickly, so I always make sure to make a big batch.
This dish holds up well in the fridge and can be served in a ton of different ways. You can serve it as a chunky salsa for baked tortilla chips, use it as a topping for steak tacos, or add your favorite grilled chicken to make it a complete meal. It’s fresh, vibrant, and beyond flavorful—all the things that a healthy summer recipe should be.
Whether you’re looking for healthy summer side dishes or quick and easy dinner recipes, this simple salad does not disappoint. Save the leftovers to enjoy for later; it tastes even better the next day!
To whip up this delicious salad, you will need the following key ingredients:
- Corn: I’ve found that fresh corn yields the best-tasting results, but you can also use frozen or canned corn in a pinch. Grilled corn is delicious in this dish.
- Fresh veggies: In addition to corn, you will need Persian cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red onions. These veggies add a really nice crunch, plenty of nutrients, and tons of fresh flavors.
- Basil: Fresh basil adds a ton of beautiful flavor to the salad. If you want to use a different herb, fresh parsley or cilantro would also work well.
- Olive oil: This adds heart-healthy fats and makes up the base of our simple vinaigrette dressing.
- Apple cider vinegar: The acidity in this ingredient balances out the rich olive oil and enhances the flavors of our fresh veggies and herbs.
Recipe Variations and Ideas
Here are some of my favorite ways to get switch up this dish:
- For a cheesy twist, try adding crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese. Mexican queso fresco is also delicious.
- To make this salad even more filling, try adding a fiber-rich food like quinoa, black beans, or chickpeas.
- Try adding fresh avocado for a creamy component and healthy fats.
- If corn isn’t in season or you want to cut back on prep time, you can swap out the fresh corn for canned or frozen corn.
- To add a touch of heat, try adding freshly chopped jalapenos or red chilies.
- If you’re looking to use up some veggies you have in the fridge, feel free to toss in whatever you want. Good options include arugula, green onions, radishes, and bell peppers.
- Try adding a lean source of protein to make this dish a complete meal. Some of my favorite choices include grilled chicken breast, steak, shrimp, and salmon.
- If you want to swap out the basil for another fresh herb, parsley, cilantro, and chives would all work as well.
What to Serve With This Corn Salad
This corn salad pairs wonderfully with a wide variety of summer dishes. Personally, I like to serve it with grilled meats, tacos, and cooked veggies. In case you need a little inspiration, here are some of the best dishes to serve with corn salad:
- Easy Fish Tacos with Lime Slaw
- Pan Seared Salmon
- Chicken and Zucchini Burgers
- Honey Lime Chicken
- Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Grilled Vegetable Skewers
How to Store Fresh Corn Salad
This salad keeps well in the fridge, so it’s a fantastic choice for healthy meal preps. Whenever I prepare it, I make a large batch that my family can enjoy over the next several days. I may be biased here, but I’m convinced that it tastes even better the next day. To store the dish, you will first need to transfer it to an airtight container. Once it’s properly stored, it will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you find that it needs a bit of freshening up after a few days, simply squeeze some lemon or lime juice over the salad and toss to combine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about this healthy salad recipe:
What does corn salad go with?
Corn salad is a healthy summer dish that can be paired with just about anything else you would eat in the summertime. Options include burgers, hot dogs, tacos, grilled meats, and roasted or grilled vegetables.
Can I use frozen corn instead of fresh corn?
Yes. If corn is not currently in season or you’re looking for a quicker alternative, you can easily swap out the fresh corn for frozen or canned corn. Just make sure to drain it or defrost it first.
What can I use instead of basil?
If you don’t have fresh basil or want to try using a different herb, you can swap it out for fresh parsley, cilantro, or chives.
More Healthy Corn Recipes
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these:
Easy Corn Salad
- Print Recipe
- Download PDF
- 3 cups fresh corn (see note)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Persian cucumbers, chopped (or English)
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Like this Recipe? Try our Meal Plans!
- Weekly Meal Plans
- Easy Shopping List
- Healthy, Low Carb, & Vegetarian
- Nutritional Information
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.