I have a deep love of turning any vegetable I can into pizza. It's hard for anything to taste bad with marinara and cheese in my opinion. So when you combine zucchinis (which I already love), protein packed ground turkey, marinara, spices, and some melted cheese - you end up with the perfect low carb and low calorie lunch. Seriously at under 250 calories this is a great way to indulge without any of the guilt. Ground beef or vegetarian crumbles work great as well and this keep well in the fridge and freezer.
videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Zucchini and Ground Turkey Pizza Boats
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 4 U zucchini
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 U garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 8 tbsp. part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the turkey, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook until turkey is fully browned, about 6-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the oregano, basil, and marinara sauce.
- Meanwhile cut the zucchini in half and scoop out some of the center using a spoon or melon baller to create the “boat.” Place in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Fill the boats with the turkey and mushroom mixture.
- Top each with 1 tbsp. of shredded cheese and 1/2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until cheese is bubbling and zucchini is tender
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.