videocam Slender Kitchen Videos
Pork Fried Rice
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 U egg
- 2 U egg whites
- 1 lb. lean pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 4 U green onions, chopped
- 1 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 U red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 4 U cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
Cook the brown rice according to package directions. Set aside.
Heat your pan over medium high heat. Whisk together the egg and egg white and season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tsp. of vegetable oil to the pan. Add the eggs and cook until just scrambled. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add the pork. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until just cooked. Remove and set aside.
Add the remaining vegetable oil and sesame oil to the hot pan. Add the green onions, cabbage, red pepper, peas and carrots, garlic, ginger, and any other veggies you like. Cook for 1-2 minutes until they just begin to soften.
Add the rice and cook for 2-4 more minutes, stirring constantly, until the rice begins to crisp up.
Add the pork, soy sauce, and egg. Stir together and cook for 1 more minute.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.