It’s been getting cooler at night lately, which is a welcome change from the sweaty summer nights that have been in full swing. It’s also been a nice change of pace for meals since it’s not as painful to turn on the stove or consider a warm meal. While my original intention for this dish was to make a lentil and sausage summer salad, I ended up making this comforting bowl of creamy lentils, spicy sausages, tomatoes, and spinach. It’s all made in one pot (yay for easy clean up!) and it freezes great. I like to make a double batch and keep leftovers for quick lunches. If you are a vegetarian, you can leave out the sausage or substitute in vegetarian crumbles in stead.
Sausage, Spinach, and Tomato Lentils
- crop_freeCook Mode
- printPrint Recipe
- file_downloadDownload PDF
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 U carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 U celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 3 U garlic cloves, minced
- 4 U chicken sausages, sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 U tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup dry lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- shopping_cartGet IngredientsinfoNEW!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
The Nutritional Values provided are estimates only and may vary based on the preparation method.
Get delicious, healthy recipes delivered each week right to your inbox.
Snap a picture and show us what you made on Instagram or Facebook.
Tag us using @SlenderKitchen or #slenderkitchen.